Tuesday, November 1, 2011

FREE FREIGHT WEEK through November 6, 2011

It's a FREE FREIGHT Week at RibbonSmyth!
Perfect time to grab a few embellishments before the holidays and we pay the freight on any order of $25 or more. All US orders ship via first class with delivery confirmation. Global orders are shipped via airmail.

This photo features a button collage created for an ArtBra titled "My Father's Ties". The bra is covered in a base of navy/gold/ivory silk pieces from men's ties. I made this piece in a remote area of New Mexico and forgot my needles! Closest store was a 45 minute drive down a mountain and lucky  that my Mother found a small sewing kit. All the glass pearls, beads and buttons were stitched over an intersection where several pieces of fabric intersected. Stacking beads and buttons in small clusters "anchors" a design. I layer the collage embellishments over simple seam treatments.

No comments: