Saturday, March 25, 2017

SCALAMANDRE SILK THREADS ~stitch with history


I have about 15 colors of Historic SCALAMANDRE SILK THREAD from the historic fabric house in New York. SCALAMANDRE has created carpeting, fabrics, wall-paper coverings for most of the famous historical  mansions in the US. The White House is designed with reproduction pieces from SCALAMANDRE. The silks are selling quickly. Grab a couple of skeins while I have them. Each one yard skein has approximately 130 one-yard silk strands. I do hand-embroidery with 3 silk strands in my embroidery needle, to create beautiful satin stitch work. Currently stitching a denim jacket with large silk flowers, using these threads.  The silk is from Brazil and dyed at the Queens plant.  The luster is amazing. $4 a skein.
www.etsy.com/shop/Ribbonsmyth

2 comments:

DD Wilson said...

Vickie, please email me about purchasing some fabric from you. Can't seem to find a 'contact ' address for you.
Thanks, Diana Wilson

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Hi Diana, thank you for your interest. Our Etsy site is www.etsy.com/shop/ribbonsmyth Will help you any way I can.
Thank you,
Vickie Brown