To welcome Spring, finally, after 5 blizzards, a nor'easter and having snow on the ground since December; I created this card for my friend, Deb Whyte.
I will add a message on the back of the card using one of my French Fusible Post Card Backs. Enjoy!
Available at www.ribbonsmyth.com Sign up for our newsletter at www.ribbonsmyth to receive sale notices and News updates
Fast-to-Fuse Post Card Blank, French Post Card Back
Nymo Beading Thread, Ribbon Needle Pack
Wire Edge ribbon - One yard in Tiger Rusty Olive and Buttercup
Tropicana Rayon Tape One yard
Velvet Leaves in Olive Gold
Doupioni Silk Assortment Pack
Assorted beads and crystals, one mother of pearl tiny belt buckle, two cotton balls, White tacky glue, tooth pick
1. Using Nymo beading thread baste the silk doupioni to the fast-2-fuse card blank.
2. Using 5" of Tiger Rose wire-edge ribbon, tie a knot in one end of the ribbon and gather one side of the ribbon edge using nymo beading thread. Pull to gather and securely tie off thread and cut. Wrap the gathered ribbon around the ribbon knot and tack onto the post card with Nymo thread.
3. Make two small gathered roses with the Buttercup and Tiger Rose wire-edge ribbon using a 5" length of each. Tack to the post card.
4. Make three pods using the Buttercup ribbon. Cut three 3" pieces. Stitch the ends together.
Gather the top edge with Nymo thread and pull to gather. Tie off securely. Stuff the "pod" with part of a cotton ball or fiberfil. Gather the bottom edge of the ribbon using Nymo, leaving thread in the needle and attached to the ribbon edge. Insert several stamens inside the pod. Pull the thread to gather and tie off.
5. Fold in half, 12" of the Tropicana rayon tape and tack to the postcard. Twist each piece of ribbon tightly until it begins to "curl". Tack the ribbon into place. Take the bottom tail of the ribbon and tack to one of the pods. Take the pod to the postcard. Repeat for another pod.
6.Thread 12" of rayon tape into the belt buckle and tack into place with Nymo thread.
7. Tack the third pod into place beneath the belt buckle.
8. Tack velvet leaves into place with Nymo thread.
9. Twist and curl the rayon ribbon tails and tack into place. Add assorted beads among the design.
10. For extra glitz, brush a bit of diluted white glue mixed with water, onto the edges of the velvet leaves and the edges of the wire-edge ribbon flowers. Spinkle a bit of our German White Gold Glitter onto the leaves and ribbon. Tap off the excess glitter onto a piece of paper and pour glitter back into the container.
11. Trim the edges of the fabric to 4"x6". Write a message on the French postcard back using a permanent brown marker. Fuse the French post card back to the back of the fast-2-fuse. Zig zag with the machine around the card edge or blanket stitch around the card-edge.