Friday, May 25, 2012

Black Edwardian crazy quilt block

This is one of the finished Edwardian blocks, that is a part of a 3-block wall-hanging. The blocks will be finished with a velvet edge and backed in a rust Scalamandre brocade. I used an Austrian vintage image for the focal and pulled colors out of the image for the fabric choices. My goal was to work in all black embellishments, but I simply can't do it! I found some small velvet pods at a millinery store in New York and now I want to use those on everything!Torn black lace from a Victorian bodice, given to me by a friend in Virginia, was used around the vintage image. Next, vintage metallic wire ribbon, from Tinsel Trading, was laid on top of the lace. This piece was done while I was travelling. Always a challenge to work out of a zip lock bag of trims. I separate all my trims and lay them on a tray; then work off of the tray.

No comments: