Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fabric Collage to honor Lincoln

Lincoln
 
There are no words for the loss of a pet.  It seems the best we can do, is know, that in the presence of our pets, we experience universal love.
This is a pet collage, almost finished, that will ship to a friend this week. No matter, where Dawn went, Lincoln was with her. I asked Dawn to send  a phrase to include with his photo.
The image is fixed to burlap. It is felted with wool I purchased from a farm in Virginia. The sheep gladly gave  up their beautiful wool jackets, so they could enjoy the summer roaming the Shenandoah Valley.  I dyed the wool in a large stock pot here in the studio. The wool has been needlefelted around the image and through the batik fabric. I've added a few twigs, some thread and now finishing up the bead clusters. The piece is attached to an 8"x10" canvas.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

I was shopping on Etsy, bookmarked some ribbons and thought I'd visit your blog. I'm such a dog lover (I have two Westies) and I think your beautiful collage is a wonderful way to honor your beloved Lincoln. He looks like a fabulous dog!