Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Vintage Rayon Tape Selections

Vintage Rayon Tape  dyed at this studio this week!
Purchase our rayon tape at www.ribbonsmyth.com or on our Etsy sites.
 
Dyeing any fiber is  relaxing and quite the gamble. I dye fibers and fabrics intuitively and do keep formulas, but repeating the same dyelot is impossible. (It is difficult to dye pastel shades, because I prefer strong, rich colors.)  Maybe that is why I appreciate hand-dyed fibers. I know they are exclusive and elusive to "the moment".  I sell many yards of rayon tape to jewelry designers and artists. It would be fabulous to see a collection of their pieces.
All our dyed fibers are air-dried outdoors which means 98% of my dyeing is done in the summer. We had a day of warm weather last week and all these vintage ribbons spent their day drying under the sun. Can't wait for spring.
 
 


1 comment:

Denise said...

Everything you do with ribbon and thread is amazingly pretty.