Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Wire-edge lime green ribbon beads


Another selection of beads created for the bead swap. These are one-inch in length. The felt is cut smaller than the ribbon and wrapped around a knitting needle.
The ribbon is wrapped around the felt and stitched into place. I used a vintage, lime green taffeta picot-edge ribbon, that I bought from a ribbon vendor in Lyon, France. The wire-edge ribbons from France are superior to any I've found. I have the few remaining spools in my inventory, listed on my Etsy site at RibbonSmyth.
I then wrapped 11mm bias-cut silk around the ribbon and stitched into place.
Then a piece of 7mm rococo ribbon, in lime green and  teal was tied into a knot. I glued a vintage  Czech glass cabochon on top of the ribbon knot. Beautiful little beads. These would make a great choker. For the photograph, I strung them onto bias-cut silk ribbon.

No comments: