Friday, January 27, 2012
Supplies are all available at RibbonSmyth - Anna Griffin Card with lined envelope is $1. These Anna Griffin cards are a real value! 1/2" wide lavender picot ribbon is $1 per yard and the little plastic flowers in the blue colorway are $1. The glass leaves are in the clearance section for $.99 for 10 leaves. And I used 4mm silk ribbons in the Lavender Garden 25 yard ribbon combo pack. The pearl strand comes in our 10 yard lace assortment pack. All these Ribbonsmyth supplies are enough to create multiple cards.
The cards are a tri-fold card. I used a small 6" scrap of lavender moire fabric and traced the outline of the frame opening onto the fabric with a pencil. Hoop the fabric.
1. Using 3" of the picot ribbon, gather one side, pull to gather and tie off. I use Nymo for all beading and embroidery. Attach the gathered flower to the fabric with Nymo. I added a green swarovski bead to the center of the flower.
2. Stitch an assortment of 4mm one-wrap pink French knots around the picot flower.
3. Add 4mm lavender loop stitches and one-wrap French knots.
4. Add 4mm one-wrap French knots and bullion lazy daisies in soft gold ribbon ribbon,color #502.
5.Add several plastic flowers to the bouquet anchoring with olive glass seed beads
6. Add 2 iridescent glass leaves among the design.
7. Press the fabric and trim the fabric to fit inside the card.
8. Use Fabri-Tac glue (the only glue I use for everything!) and place 4 dots of glue inside the card back - top/bottom/side to side.
9. Place the fabric inside the card, centering the floral design in the card opening. The glue will secure the fabric.
10. Using a #13 needle, place drops of glue onto the needle point and touch to the back of the pearl strand. Glue the pearls to the inside of the card.