Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pink Blossoms


I was afraid we would be out of town when this tree blossomed. It is a tree in our side yard that blooms with hundreds of beautiful pink pom-pom flowers. And we have no idea what type of tree it is, except that it is old.  The blooms are beginning to wilt.  I can see these flowers recreated in layers of China silk and silk organza. The blooms remind me of miniture peonies.  We visit a manufacturer this week that is going to create butterflies and small flowers for us out of velvet. I think I will take a picture of this with me.
 I would like to pull out the watercolors or the colored pencils and try to capture the shades of pink. 

4 comments:

Suztats said...

It's beautiful! Is there a lovely scent to go along with the beauty?

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that you tree is a Kwan-yoon or Chinese Cherry. Lovely!

:) Linda

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Linda, thank you for the info on the tree!Much appreciated. We have never seen one of these trees in our area. And when we have asked the guys that come out here to plant things for us; they do not know anything about the tree...
A Chinese Cherry - wonderful!

Victoria Adams Brown said...

There is no fragrance to the blossoms that I'm aware of. Having a mild winter, everything here is blossoming several weeks earlier than normal. The colors are amazing.