Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wedding flower basket and frame

New Wedding pieces designed for my niece using RibbonSmyth silk ribbon and wire-edge ribbon, with RibbonSmyth ivory silk doupioni. My niece is having a Texas country wedding and will be getting married outside, with a reception in the barn at a friend's West Texas farm. The wedding is in September and should be very hot at that time of year, since that part of Texas has been in a drought for two years.

 My niece wanted all accessories very simple. Her flowers will be gerber daisies and sunflowers. The colors she chose are: kelly green, coral, bright yellow, soft peach and royal blue.  I used a press-on frame, which I have so many pieces, from designing fabric frames for Press-On Products. I covered the frame in ivory silk doupioni after stitching the silk ribbon daisies. The frame was completed with a heavy rayon braid glued to the edge of the frame. The oval basket was the perfect shape that I had in mind. It was hot pink and I painted the basket with ivory paint. I gathered silk doupioni fabric to go around the basket, after I glued heavy fiber-fil batting around the basket.  I made loopy silk satin bows for each side of the basket. Then I made wire-edge gathered flowers and stitched those on top of the silk satin bows. The basket edge was trimmed with an ivory rayon braid.

Now to finish the ring-bearer pillow and begin pieces for another wedding!

No comments: