Monday, June 1, 2009

Rayon Tape and Rococo Embellishments


This is another WIP waiting for more silk ribbon embroidery!
The seam treatments for this block feature RibbonSmyth's hand-dyed rayon tape and rococo lace. Our inexpensive $1.75 combo packs offer fibers that can be used in a variety of techniques. In the center of the block, I ruched the hand-dyed rayon tape and tacked it to the fabric seam. In the top right corner, I gathered one edge to make a flower and added some small buds made with the same tape. In the bottom left corner, I covered one seam with the rococo lace and then added sequins on top of the lace. I gathered one side of several rococo lace pieces to make small rosettes and then added seed beads to the center of the rosette. Among the floral bouquets, I added vintage brass dangles and vintage czech peridot glass flowers. I worked with purple and moss silk fabrics and added apricot variegated silk ribbon, color #112 and ivory 4mm silk ribbon. Sequins were added throughout the block. Now to add more silk ribbon work to tie all the elements together and to create movement among the block. It looks a bit sparse!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Very beautiful. I have some of the rococo tape, have to go try this out.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com