Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wall-hanging with mini collages


In July, CQMag will feature an article about my studio, one of my curved piecing methods and a finished three-block wall-hanging. The following collage pics are some of the mini-collages within the wall-hanging. When the article comes out, will post the links! This collage features special mother of pearl "bits" given to me by Barbara Blankenship and they offer great memories of our shopping venture in New York. I've twisted assorted colors of rayon cord with loops and knots to allow for small vignettes for beads and seed beads and RibbonSmyth's mop Japanese discs. Too much fun!

7 comments:

Martha said...

Thank you for the samples and all the tips of these mini collages. Beautiful color scheme.

Barbara said...

WOW Vic, all of these are fabulous! I so admire your talent and creativity. I can't wait to see the finished wall hanging.

Leonie said...

Wonderful textures and fiber manipulation Vic - lovely color combos too! We can always rely on your amazing creativeness to inspire us.

Unknown said...

This will turn out lovely, I am sure 0f it.

I published a blog post about your giveaway prize that I won from April's giveaway today. Thank you so much! There's are lot's of admiring comments already about the stash you sent!

Patricia said...

Seems to be the post for April thankyou notes! Just wanted you to know that I did receive the package and it is simply gorgeous. If anyone would like to take a peek, I posted a photo on my blog, www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com.
Thank you so much Vicki for your generosity.
These mini collages are gorgeous. I haven't gotten to the point where I can twist things like you can and have it look amazing. I'm still at the what the dickens did you do stage! Won't stop me from trying!Thanks for always being here to inspire
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com

Fiberina said...

Vicki, these are lovely collages. Can you (will you) tell me what you have used for the twists on the left side (green and mauve) which you have also used on the collage below this one. It looks like you have used an entire skein of rayon floss ....
Chris

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Thanks Chris,
The twisted fibers are known as rat tail or rayon cord. Rat tail can be purchased at any craft store and probably Joann's. The cords are placed together and then tied in several loose knots. The knots are then pulled apart a bit and couched to the fabric ground.