Friday, September 9, 2011

Mokuba Cuff Kit

This is a doupioni silk cuff kit I made during one our recent rain marathons. We have had 16 inches of rain in two weeks. I wish I could send the rain to Texas! 
When finished with the ribbon work on the mauve doupioni; I added Mokuba trim for the edges. It is a  "girly" piece. Not an easy piece to photograph. I used hand-dyed lavender rayon tape to make the roses, added a rayon-tape gathered flower and finished with a gathered trailing rayon tape tendril. Filled in around the design with silk ribbon stitches, pearls and flower sequins. I added a rhinestone button closure with a seed bead toggle. These would make great Christmas gifts. I put all the components, with instructions, into a kit. The pattern/kit offers a cuff for a 7 1/2"  length wrist, but simply shorten the fabric or extend the fabric length to accommodate any size wrist. The kits are $19 and we have a few left. Great Beginner basic kit.

I purchased a large piece of Needlepoint in reds and black poppies. I've ordered in the cuff blanks and can't wait to make some Needlepoint Cuffs.

No comments: